Tattooing involves piercing thousands of tiny holes in the skin at rapid speed. Your skin reacts to this as it would to any other wound, and it takes some time for
the body to heal and the tattoo to set. At this stage, proper care is of the utmost importance to avoid dangerous infections that can ruin your tattoo and cause health problems.
To ensure proper care of your new tattoo, we recommend you use the aftercare we sell and follow these essential steps:
- Wash your hands and tattoo with antibacterial soap and water, rinse thoroughly and blot tattoo dry with towel.
- Apply a thin layer of After Inked to clean hands and gently massage over entire tattoo until lotion is no longer visible.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily or as needed for the next 3-5 days to keep your tattoo slightly moist. Once tattoo has started to dry out, only wash once
daily but continue to use After Inked as needed.
- Continue using After Inked every day to keep your tattoos vibrant. Do not combine with any other products.
- Tattoo will peel like a sunburn. Do Not Pick, Peel or Scratch!
- If any scabbing occurs, a medicated chap stick may be applied lightly to scabbed area only.
- Avoid baths, swimming pools etc. and keep the tattooed area shielded from direct sunlight for at least ten days.
- Always apply high-SPF sunblock to the tattoo area before exposing it to direct sunlight once it has completely healed.
- If you have any problems, questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call the shop - Prismatic Ink Tattoo 717-450-4471 email
firstname.lastname@example.org or send a Facebook message.
If you follow these steps, your tattoo should be completely healed within roughly two weeks.